The Cleveland Vibrator Company first opened in 1923. During the past 92 years, the flagship product for our company has been the pneumatic piston vibrator. However, as the industry has changed, our product offerings have been required to adapt to the customers’ requests. We have three options available for the users who require a 110v/60hz vibrator, which include:
(CM product line)
Single Phase Rotary Electric Vibratory Motors
(RES product line)
Three Phase Rotary Electric Vibratory Motors
With the help of variable frequency drive (RE product line)
This week, we are going to focus on the electromagnetic vibrators we have available to help promote material flow.
The electromagnetic vibrators help customers put more go in their flow. These versatile units can be found in various locations throughout customers’ facilities and can be tied to a few different control options to maximize the effectiveness of each vibrator. Most common installations of the Cleveland Vibrator electromagnetic vibrators are:
- Vibratory bowl feeders to vibrate and align small parts to help with orientation of material when moving across bowl track
- Light duty processing equipment to aid in metered material flow additive or handling processes
- Light duty compaction tables for lab testing and small batch production
Wherever these electromagnetic vibrator units are installed they can be controlled in three ways:
- On/off switch attached to power cord and plug straight into 110v outlet. This keeps the force generated and frequency constant during operation. The 110v/60hz units vibrate 3600 times per minute.
- VIC – variable intensity controller. This option provides 0-10 turn wire wound potentiometer within the NEMA 4/4x control box to give the operator control of the vibration intensity. With the VIC, the frequency stays constant throughout the operational cycle.
- VAF – variable amplitude and frequency controller. This option is the best of both worlds. Vibration intensity (amplitude) and the frequency of the vibrations are independently controllable.
Cleveland Vibrator manufacturer’s a few different pieces of equipment that utilizes the electromagnetic vibrator.
- The Vibratory Jogger (VJ) units come in two sizes – 12” x 12” (VJ-1212) decks and 15” x 15” (VJ-1515) decks. These are designed for lab testing and small batch production for compaction and settling needs.
- Vibratory Feeders and Vibratory Hopper-Feeders – We call these the CF-E product line. The electromagnetic vibrator can be found underneath the feeder trays to power the vibration and they can be found on the supply hopper above the feeder tray itself. The vibrator on the supply hopper is there to help move the material at a consistent rate to the feeder tray.
As one can see, these electromagnetic vibrators are flexible units. While they may be small in physical stature, they sure can pack a punch. If you have an application that can benefit from the versatility of the CM vibrator, please feel free to contact us at any time. Our team is here to help!
Latest posts by Mike Stratis (see all)
- How Vibration Helps Improve Dust Collection Systems - July 25, 2017
- How to Choose the Best Truck & Trailer Vibrator(s) Based on the Material You’re Hauling - April 7, 2017
- Tighten Those Bolts! - March 13, 2017
- Properly Size an Industrial Vibrator on a Bulk Barge Hopper in 3 Easy Steps - January 30, 2017
- Air Powered Vibratory Feeders: 3 Things To Know Before Making a Buying Decision - October 18, 2016